Monday 16 July 2012

Curling Iron De-Clamp

Lately, I've been curling my hair a lot more than I've been straightening it. I have a curling wand and a regular 1 inch curling iron with a clamp, both from Conair. I prefer the curling wand because I find that the curl holds a lot better than the iron with a clamp. However, I like the way my hair curls with the bigger barrel of the 1 inch curling iron. Confusing, I know. 


I remembered reading this tutorial from The Beauty Department about how to de-clamp a curling iron so I thought I would give it a try. 

All you need is your curling iron and a screwdriver. Super simple!


First, remove the stand. The stand cover some of the screws that keep the clamp attached to the barrel. The screws left behind were super easy to remove; just jiggle the clamp and they fell out on their own.


 Once I got rid of those, the clamp came right off.



Next I had to get rid of the spring. That's where the screwdriver comes in. Just unscrew!



TA-DA!
These are all the pieces left behind after I removed the clamp and all the parts attached. 
I much prefer the looser curl that a curling iron gives, and now I don' t have to worry about the clamp getting in my way

Here's an example of the type of curl I get after using my new de-clamped curling iron. 

I just love how relaxed the curls look. A spritz of hairspray and I'm good to go for the entire day


Now I don't have to buy a separate curling wand! YAY!

xoxoDarlingBuds

3 comments:

  1. You know your projects stand out of the herd. There is something special about them. It seems to me all of them are really brilliant!
    best ceramic curling iron for fine hair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ceramic Heat the technology helps distribute heat evenly across the surface of the cylinder to seal the hair cuticle to reduce damage to the hair while blocking moisture and leaves the hair smooth and silky with unparalleled shine. Hongsen

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are certainly a lot of details like that to take into consideration. That is a great point to bring up. I offer the thoughts above as general inspiration but clearly there are questions like the one you bring up where the most important thing will be working in honest good faith. I don?t know if best practices have emerged around things like that, but I am sure that your job is clearly identified as a fair game. Both boys and girls feel the impact of just a moment?s pleasure, for the rest of their lives.best hair curler

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...