Wednesday 11 January 2012

2012 New Years Resolutions: Beauty Edition

1. Eat Healthier. It's a known fact that eating right is one of the best ways to live a healthier life. There are so many benefits from eating healthy: skin, hair, energy, weight, and overall happiness are greatly improved by eating healthy. Green tea, lots of fruits and vegetables, proteins, and other foods and drinks high in vitamins and minerals (antioxidants, omega 3) make it that much easier for you to function happily everyday. It is my #1 resolution for 2012.


2. Wear sunscreen/SPF everyday. I know that protecting my skin from the sun is the right thing to do, but I haven't ever really taken into account it's actual importance. I've usually been too concerned with getting a great tan than protecting my skin from the sun's harmful UV rays, but not this year. I am going to either wear sunscreen under my makeup everyday, or look for a moisturizer and/or foundation with a high SPF content to protect my skin. 


3. Never sleep in my makeup. No matter how tired, lazy, drunk I am I will NOT skip this step. I've figured that part of the reason my skin has been breaking out was because of a poor cleansing routine at night. I got a Clarisonic Mia for Christmas and I plan on utilizing it to my full advantage. Even something as simple as running a makeup wipe over my face to rid it of the day's makeup would be better than going to bed with it all on. 


4. Makeup Buying Ban! Use up makeup products! People that know me know that I buy WAY too much makeup. For this year, I resolve not to buy any makeup until a previous item has been completely used up. No more foundations, blushes, eyeshadows, nail polishes, mascaras, eyeliners, lipsticks, lip glosses...Nothing! I need to get this addiction under control.


5. Take my vitamins daily. There is an array of vitamins that I am supposed to take daily (calcium, vitamin C, omega 3, vitamin E) and I want to make sure for this year that I keep to taking them regularly, instead of just once in a while. Having a rich supply of vitamins in your system will make for a healthier you in all aspects.


6. Drink more H2O! I guess this could be considered as a part of eating healthier, but I'm going to give water it's own resolution - I think it deserves it. We couldn't LIVE without water! It's so vital to our lives, not to mention the awesome health and beauty benefits it possesses. Drinking plenty of water is good for your skin, keeping it hydrated and supple; it's good for your digestion and metabolism, and it's also just a great beverage to drink to stay hydrated! I pledge to drink lots and lots of water every single day of 2012. I am also going to pledge from here on out NEVER TO DRINK ANOTHER SODA AGAIN IN THE YEAR 2012. Starting today.


7. Always use a heat tamer spray when blow drying/straightening/curling my hair. I want to try and avoid as much damage as possible. I know that heat is a terrible thing to put your hair through but (and I think most girls would agree) I could not live one day without styling my hair with heat. I will use a heat tamer spray and/or not use too much heat on my hair 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...