Wednesday 6 June 2012

FOTD: More like "the same makeup I have been wearing all week"

Is it a makeup rut if I've been following the same makeup routine for the past few weeks? Or does it just mean that something has finally contented me enough to not want to change it. Call is laziness, inspiration, perfection or whatever, but THIS is the makeup that I have been wearing...

Holla!
click below to read/see more
Can you believe that these are all the products I used? 3 of which are concealers #sorrynotsorry
It's a good mix of drugstore and higher end products, most of which are tried and true favourites (minus the mascara. That little bugger is up for review).



all products are listed in the order they were applied


FACE:
- Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark-Circle roller
- Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB cream (full review here)
- Bobbi Brown corrector in Porcelain Peach (an extra precaution for under-eye dark circles)
- Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage concealer (my shade is SC-3)
- Rimmel Match Perfection 2-in-1 concealer and highlighter (yet another product to battle my dark under-eye circles)
- Joe Fresh highlighter in Ice (a new product I'm trying out)
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light Plus to set all of my face makeup 
***I forgot to include my Urban Decay All Nighter makeup setting spray in the above photo. I spritzed that on my face after I powdered. It sets everything and prevents the powder from looking cakey

CHEEKS:

- Rimmel Natural Bronzer in 021 Sun Light. This is a never-ending bronzer but I am determined to use this sucker up to the very end!
- Nars blush in Deep Throat. Horrid name, fabulous blush. This has been my go-to blush ever since I got it about a year ago. A ultimate favourite! Lately, I've been enjoying wearing my blush a little higher up on my cheeks. I guess since I'm a bit more tan now, I can get away with it




EYES:
- Maybelline Color Tattoo cream eyeshadow in Bad to the Bronze. LOVE THIS! It can be applied lightly or more heavily depending on how much colour you want to show. I love sheering this out. (full review here)
- NYC High Definition Volumizing mascara (currently up for review)
***I also forgot to mention that I filled in my eyebrows with MAC's "omega" eyeshadow, as I also did in this post hither (that's "here" is ye Olde English)




LIPS:

- Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 01 Rose Shimmer. Such a lovely lip product! It's difficult to describe: it's kind of a hybrid between a balm and lip gloss. Not sticky at all! And it smells like vanilla cupcakes which is a bonus!

So that's it for my go-to makeup of the moment!
I've also been fond of the way I've been wearing my second, or even third day hair (I'm not ashamed to say that sometimes I go 3 days without washing my hair). 

Ain't it purrdy? It reminds me of Disney Princess' hair!


xoxoDarlingBuds

2 comments:

  1. I love this FOTD! Would you recommend the garnier roller ball to be worn alone?
    xo,
    http://missmelissafashionandbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't recommend it to be worn alone, I use it as more of a concealer base. However, there's a concealer from Maybelline called "Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser" and I would recommend that to be worn alone

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...