Saturday 30 June 2012

FOTD: TAN!

I love summer. 
It's such a good excuse to get out into the sun and be a bronze goddess. 
Over the past few weeks, I've managed to build up a pretty good tan so I can safely say now that bronzer has become a staple product in my everyday makeup routine. 
During the colder months when I'm more pale, I really only use bronzer to add some warmth to my face or to contour a bit. In summer, I put my bronzer everywhere! I always put sunscreen on my face, so in contrast to winter, my face now is actually lighter than the rest of my body (no orange face for me)
I've been really into using my Chanel's Soleil Tan de Chanel (or Bronze Universal, whatever you want to call it) cream bronzer to add an even bronzed tone all over my face. I use it lightly with a kabuki brush to give my complexion on even bronzed base
Here's the final result
And y'all know me, I used my newly bronzed visage as the perfect foundations for a summer makeup look.
Here are all the products I used to achieve this look: 

In typical ME fashion, I used a lot of products to get a fairly simple look. To me, it's all about having the most flawless base and then building up the extras (i.e. eyes, lips, cheeks) around that perfected complexion. One day, I swear, I'll have to do a FOTD using minimal products. I promise I can do it! 

Face:

 The first step I did after moisturizing my face (read my skincare routine) was to use my Soleil Tan de Chanel cream bronzer with my MAC 179 kabuki brush (this particular angled kabuki brush was limited edition last summer with the Semi Precious collection). I then used my Bobbi Brown corrector in Porcelain Peach on my under-eye area. This is my holy-grail under-eye concealer; I don't know what I would be without it. I always top the corrector off with a second under-eye concealer, so I used the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind dark circle eraser in Neutralizer to further neutralize any dark circles, especially more towards the inner corner of my eye.I didn't use any foundation in this look. Instead I just focused on any spots, redness, or discolorations with concealer. Like always, I used my Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage concealer in SC-3. I didn't want to powder my face too heavily so I just used a light dusting of Bobbi Brown sheer finish loose powder in 1 Pale Yellow, concentrated on my t-zone to help combat any oil that might develop throughout the day. When I powder my t-zone, I can usually keep oil at bay for a good couple of hours before I need to blot or re-powder.


Cheeks:
I didn't want to use too pink or peach of a blush because I was really looking to keep this look very natural-esque. I use my MAC blush in Buff which usually, for me, can be used as a contour shade. I just did a light dusting of this blush on the apples of my cheeks. For highlighter, I used theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer highlighter to add a bit of glow to the tan look I was going for.


Eyes:
As always, I wanted to emphasize my eyebrows so I used MAC Omega eyeshadow to fill in my brows (top left shadow in the quad palette) and my Revlon Brow Fantasy brow gel in Dark Blonde to set them. As a base, I used my new Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream shadow in #13.  I topped that off with theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer, yes I used a highlighter as an eyeshadow. It's a really shimmery neutral shade, so it can definitely double as an eyeshadow. For a little extra coverage for my dark circles, I used Rimmel Match Perfection concealer/highlighter under my eyes and set it with Benefit Powderflage. Powderflage is a pink-hued, finely milled loose setting powder. Unfortunately, Benefit has discontinued this product so when this runs out, I'm just going to be using my MAC eyeshadow in Orb, a matte light pink/beige shade as my new under-eye setting powder. Anything to counteract the blue tones of dark circles. MAC Teddy eye kohl and Maybelline Mega Plush mascara to finish off my eye look. 

Lips:

I always moisturize my lips before I put lipstick on. It's a necessity. I used my favourite lip balm, EOS lip balm. I topped that off with my new favourite nude lipstick, MAC Creme d'Nude.




Lately, I've been doing different variations of eyes and lips while keeping the same face makeup. As of late, this is what's really working for me. Once it starts getting even hotter outside though, I'm going to need to tone it down with the products. But that's a whole other FOTD post for another day


xoxoDarlingBuds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...