Saturday 16 June 2012

Pantene Aqua Light REVIEW

This is a follow-up review to a previous post in which I was sent these hair products from a product review site called ChickAdvisor
I have been using these products for about the last month and I now feel comfortably delivering my review
First things first: I have fine hair, and a day or two after I was it, it starts to look greasy in the roots. The ends are split and rather dry. The Pantene Aqua Light line is supposed to deliver clean, nourished, weightless hair.  
Shampoo: it's a light-weight formula that did not weigh down my hair but also left it feeling very clean and healthy. After using this shampoo, but hair was totally weightless and had more volume than if I had used another shampoo. I usually try and look for "thickening" or "volumizing" shampoos, but I was pleasantly surprise by how much volume I could achieve in my hair just by using a "weightless" formula instead.The smell of this shampoo is nice, but I don't find that it lingers in my hair after it's dry, which could either be a good or bad thing depending on your own personal shampoo preferences. Overall, I really like this shampoo. I think it's a really great shampoo for me and my hair type: nourishing, yet weightless, just like the bottle says. Anyone with fine hair looking for a bit for oomph I think would really enjoy this product.

Conditioner: This conditioner lived up to its claims of leaving my hair feeling weightless and nourished. It didn't make my hair AS soft as other conditioners I've used in the mask, such as my Macadamia hair mask or Joico K-Pak conditioners (see What's in my Shower). As far as I'm concerned, this products did its job and deliveres on every note that it said it would. I've noticed that since using the shampoo in conjunction with the conditioner from the Aqua Light line, my hair hasn't been getting as greasy as quickly as it normally would have. This conditioner did not weigh my hair down at all, and still left my ends feeling pretty soft and healthy. I recommend this product for people who are searching for a lightweight hair conditioner that delivers on nourishing benefits as well. 

Conditioning Shake: I don't usually buy leave-in conditioners of any sort because my hair is fine enough as is it that I don't want to weigh it down with more product, but I gave this a try. I must say that I do like the fact that this is a 2-in-1 product, leave-in conditioning spray and heat protectant. The packaging too was nice and sturdy, and it wasn't awkward to spritz the product into my hair. Sometimes spritz bottles are too heavy or awkwardly shaped making it difficult to dispense the product, but this was one good.
However, before I even sprayed this on my hair, I unscrewed the lid and smelt the product and there was a definite scent of rubbing alcohol. Low and behold, the second ingredient listed is "alcohol denat." I have tried other hair products in the past with alcohol listed in the ingredients and those products always dry out my hair. This one was no exception. After spraying this on my hair followed by a blow-dry, my hair felt dry and straw-like. The moisture that was added to my hair from the awesome shampoo and conditioner from the pantene pro-v aqua light line was affected with this spray. I have tried this spray along with a different shampoo and conditioner combination and it still left my hair feeling dry. I would not recommend this leave in conditoner to people, especially not to people with fine hair. I will not repurchase


Overall, I really like the Pantene Aqua Light line, with the exception of course of the conditioniing shake. I will definitely be using these products throughout the summer, and a repurchase is inevitable. My hair will be lovely

xoxoDarlingBuds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...