Monday 2 April 2012

A Beauty Haul for Y'all

I've been shopping. These products are not all from one shopping trip. What kind of person do you think I am?? Haha...but seriously, I could do so much more damage in one day. But I'm getting better.
I'm starting a new little series type thing. My Mascara Problems post hinted at this new idea. I'm going to start a series on my quest for the best mascara. I'm starting with drugstore brands first. So when I was at Walmart and Shopper's Drug Mart, I picked up some mascaras to help me dive into this new endeavour that I will be taking on. I've heard good things about all the mascaras pictured above and I can't wait to try them out and see how they wear. Stay tuned for full reviews of these mascaras coming soon...


Also from Walmart, I picked up this random blending brush I found in the cosmetics section. It's from a brand from SOHO London and it was under $10. I've used it a couple times already and so far I really like it. I mean, it blends...so it does its job accordingly. I wasn't about to fork out over $30 for the MAC 224 blending brush, and this one suits me just fine for now. 

I couldn't go to a drugstore without getting some nail polish. I HAVE A PROBLEM! But look how pretty they are...I picked up: (from left to right) Essie "Sand Tropez"/ Essie "Tart Deco" and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear "Lacey Lilac". Look for these coming to a NOTD post near you!
I also made a stop into Sally's Beauty Supply a little while back and picked up this donut hair thingy. You use it to create the perfect high fashion bun, or I guess you could use it for a  chignon like the label says. Comme ci, comme ça! Maybe I'll post it in a HOTD post (hair of the day)!


And now for the grand finale!


So many beauty gurus on youtube, especially Tanya Burr, or pixi2woo, RAVE about this highlighting powder from Dior. When Shopper's was having their 20X the Optimum Points event, I jumped at the chance and finally got this product. I feel as though, if I'm going to buy this product at some point eventually, I might as well collect a bunch of Optimum Points in the process. 
I haven't had the chance to use it yet, nor have I wanted to make that first sweep into the product because it's just so beautiful and glamorous!
High-end cosmetics are such a luxury, I know. The packaging on this is beautiful! It comes with a little velvet pouch to keep the compact in, to avoid fingerprint and scratches I guess. It just seems like such a beautiful little item to have in my possession. I'm treasuring it like a baby!

The product itself is an absolutely beautiful array of golds, peaches, and whites. I can't wait to actually use this product for the first time. And y'all know that I'll be using it for a makeup look sometime soon :)

That's the end of my haul! Until next time...


xoxoDarlingBuds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...