Tuesday 3 April 2012

NOTD: Trending...featuring Essie

I love seeing all the new trends that come out every season, but let's be honest; not everyone can afford to go out and buy every single new hot ticket item just because it's a trend for a couple of weeks. One of my favourite ways to sport a trend is with nail polish. Nail polish colours hardly ever go out of style. You will always find a new way to wear a fun nail colour, no matter what. This NOTD is inspired by the hot trends for this spring and summer: coral and pastel mint. I used Essie's "Absolutely Shore" and Essie's "Tart Deco" alternating to create this look...
The pattern I chose isn't quite alternating. The index finger and pinky are the same colours, and the thumb, middle and ring fingers are a different colours. On the other hand, I switched the colours around. So the index finger and pinky are Absolutely Shore and the thumb, middle and ring fingers are Tart Deco.
I really like the look that this asymmetrical nail design gives. It's eclectic, bright and wearable! I'll definitely play around with different nail colours and use them in the same way. I just thought that for spring, coral and mint together on the nails is the best way to wear the trend without having to spend a lot of money on clothes I may never wear again. All you need is two nail polishes to pull off this trend :)
Until next time!


xoxoDarlingBuds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...