Thursday 12 April 2012

My Fave Makeup Removal Products

It is so incredibly important to make sure that you get all of your makeup off at the end of the day. I've been really good this year about ensuring that I remove my makeup every night before I go to bed. I'll admit, some nights are more thorough than others, but for the most part, it all comes off at the end of each day. There are 3 tried and true products that I use to remove my makeup. 


BIODERMA is basically a special kind of cleansing water. It's very good for people with sensitive or intolerant skin because there is nothing in it that could cause any skin type to become irritated. It's very effective at taking off all makeup, face and eye makeup, and it doesn't leave an uncomfortable residue on the skin. To use, I just soak a cotton round with the "Sensibio h2O" and wipe it across my face from the inside out to get off my makeup. I usually use 2 or 3 moistened cotton rounds to get all of my eye and face makeup off. A lot of makeup artists such as PixiWoo and Lisa Eldridge all talk about how great this product is at removing makeup. I jumped on the bandwagon a couple of years ago when my buddy-boo Donna (HEY SCHMON!) told me that this was a good product to get off makeup for sensitive skin. Bioderma hasn't let me down yet. Bioderma can be purchased from both Rexall and Shopper's Drug Mart in Canada. 

NEUTROGENA MAKE-UP REMOVING CLEANSING WIPES are what I use when I'm too lazy to go through a whole face-cleansing routine, or when I'm looking for a quick way to get most of my makeup off before I do a more thorough cleanse. These are pretty good at getting the majority of my makeup off, but they aren't as effective as Bioderma. I like taking these when I travel because they are pre-moistened so I don't need to worry about carrying around cotton rounds. On super lazy nights, I just use one wipe to get rid of as much face and eye makeup as possible and then throw the wipe away! Quick, easy, and effortless. Neutrogena makeup removing cleansing wipes are available at all drugstores, superstores and most grocery stores too. 

NEUTROGENA OIL-FREE EYE MAKE-UP REMOVER for those really heavy eye makeup days or when I'm wearing waterproof mascara or long-wearing eyeliner. This is a two-part liquid product so you have to shake it before you use it to mix up the content. It works really well at breaking down all of my heavy eye makeup. I even use this product on hard-to-remove lipstick and lip stains. It's good to have a more concentrated eye makeup remover for those stubborn eye looks that seem to flake for days after you thought you got it all. There's nothing worse than waking up with raccoon eyes when you thought you did a thorough cleanse the night before. 

xoxoDarlingBuds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...