Friday 2 March 2012

NOTD: featuring Revlon

 This is Revlon's "Scandalous" and it's so purrdy! I'm pretty sure it's a re-promote of "Facets of Fuchsia" which came out in the Fall of 2011. Two coats of this polish gives great colour payoff, and it's packed with glitter! I'm thinking now that I need to give Revlon's "Whimsical" another try. 

One thing I wish I hadn't done was use a matte top coat over this polish. I got a little carried away with the matte top coat thing after my last NOTD post featuring Wet n Wild turned out so well. The matte top coat accentuated the un-eveness of a glitter-packed polish on my nail. Next time, I'll just use a regular ole shiny top coat. 
For those of you wondering which matte top coat I've been using it's Seche Natural. I picked it up from PharmaPlus in Canada for about $12CAD. It's a great matte top coat when used over the right texture of polish, if you know that I mean.
All in all, I'm really impressed with the new Revlon glittery nail polishes. Not only is the colour great, but they wear really well and durable. Deborah Lippmann has some real competition now!

xoxoDarlingBuds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...