Thursday 22 March 2012

Review: Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr

There have been so many people raving about this product over youtube and other blogs that I had to jump on the bandwagon myself. First off: I love cream eyeshadows. When I'm in a rush, want a longer staying power on my eye makeup, or if I'm in need of a good base, I always turn to cream eyeshadows to do the trick. Before Maybelline Color Tattoo, I only knew of higher end brands that had cream eyeshadows, like Benefit Creaseless cream shadows and MAC Paint pots. Never before has a drugstore brand taken on the difficult task of branching out into the realm of cream shadows. Until now...
 I have four colours so far from the Color Tattoo range (but I will definitely be going back for more). I went for the more neutral, everyday wearable colours because I wanted to be able to test them out on a regular day (i.e. wear them to class).
The staying power of these cream shadows is great, and they don't crease! Although I haven't tested the 24 hour wear claim, they last up very well for a prolonged time period. "Tough as Taupe" is the more unique colour because it's completely matte. It really is a true taupe colour, with undertones of purple and brown. All four of the shades that I have are all very wearable and nice. 
From top to bottom: Bold Gold, Tough as Taupe, Bad to the Bronze, Too Cool. 
As you can see from the swatches, all the colours apart from Tough as Taupe have a sheen/shimmer. I just love them! Although a word of advice, if you want to blend them, you'll have to work pretty fast because they set rather quickly. 
I have my eyes set on the some of the brighter colours from the range for spring/summer. There are so many colours to choose from that these cream shadows can be used for any and every makeup look. A very versatile product from the drugstore. A good buy indeed!


xoxoDarlingBuds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...