Thursday 1 March 2012

Review: Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB cream



This product could definitely be used as a replacement for foundation. It's like a tinted moisturizer, but with more skin-calming benefits for toning, pigmentation and overall luminosity. I will most definitely be replacing my $55 Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer with this bb cream. I just think the price and the overall benefits of a bb cream, particularly the Garnier bb cream, outweighs any regular tinted moisturizer. The coverage of this bb cream is the same, if not more, than any tinted moisturizer I've tried, and the finish of it satin-y which I like. The coverage is also build-able without being cakey or looking like there is way too much product on my face. It also smells fantastic! I can't find anything bad to say about this product. Well actually...the "light/medium" shade is definitely too dark for some fairer people out there so this product doesn't really cater to that wide of a demographic.


Another pro is I'm also starting to notice that some of my dark, hyper-pigmented spots on my face are starting to diminish and I've only been using this product for about a month. 
Sometimes, on days when I feel like I need even more coverage, I use this product under my foundation. On those days, I only use foundation in the spots that I need more coverage, like on my chin where I have some really dark spots. I don't find that those two products layered looks cakey; and I also don't notice that staying power is diminished or increase, it's just normal, I guess.
the finish of Garnier's bb cream (on my hand, obvi)


I'm really happy to see more affordable and effective products starting to make their way to the drugstores


xoxoDarlingBuds

2 comments:

  1. I've been on the fence on wether to buy this or not because of the mixed reviews I have seen. In the states there aren't many options for drugstore vs high end and I want t try one of both. What would you recommend?
    xo,
    http://missmelissafashionandbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the fact that there are only two shades of this is a major drawback. I can only use the light/medium shade when I'm more tan. I've heard good things about the smashbox bb cream though. And apparently maybelline and l'oreal are coming out with their own bb creams so those ma be worth a try

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...