Monday 28 May 2012

Book Haul!

I have been in a severe book rut lately. Being an English major means that I never have time to read for pleasure during the year; I'm always to busy reading Chaucer, Shakespeare, and Keats. Super fun stuff. 
Now that it's summer, I can finally read books that interest me. So I walked on over to Chapters and picked up the books that I have been dying to read all year. 
 The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food From my Frontier by Ree Drummond. Ok well this is a cookbook, but I'm still going to be "reading" this, in some sense. If you haven't heard of Ree Drummon, go check out her flippin' amazing website/lifestyle blog/food blog The Pioneer Woman

The Magicians by Lev Grossman. Described by my buddy Donna as "Harry Potter with swearing and sex" - why not give this a read?


The Maze Runner & The Scorch Trials by James Dashner. The first two books in "The Maze Runner" trilogy. I've actually already read The Maze Runner and I'm halfway through The Scorch Trials already. I meant to get this blog post up before I dove into any of my new books but I was just so antsy and I couldn't help myself! These books are very similar to The Hunger Games in the sense that they are set in a dystopian society. [between actually writing and posting this, I have also finished the Scorch Trials! So good! Can't wait to read the last book in the trilogy, "The Death Cure"]


Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James. The book that everybody is talking about! This is basically some sort of erotic novel based on Twilight. LAWL! It's gonna be an interesting read.


Divergent by Veronica Roth. This book is supposed to be very similar to The Hunger Games as well. I've from people who have read both series that they actually preferred Divergent to The Hunger Games. Very interesting...I shall have to wait and see. 


What have you been reading lately? I'm always curious to hear what books have been tickling other people's fancies.


xoxoDarlingBuds

2 comments:

  1. I got so excited when I saw The Maze Runner trilogy in your picture as I'm just rereading them to start the last one! Brilliant books! Let us know how you like 50 Shades of Grey? I heard it's either a big hit or a big miss with some folks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hated the Fifty Shades series but I'm definitely gonna look into these other books you listed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...