Tuesday 22 May 2012

What's in My Shower

After doing my skincare routine post, I thought I would also do a "haircare routine" post...but that got morphed into a "What's in My Shower" post. I still plan on doing a haircare routine post but this will have to do for now. 
click below to read/see more...
As you can see from the photo above, I keep the majority of all my shower products in a caddy that loops over the shower head. It's the best way to keep your shower organize. Also, I've noticed that bottles that sit on the edge of bath get grimy, so caddies are a fab way of keeping everything clean too!


Caddy shelf #1 holds the taller products that don't fit on the second shelf: go figure. There's no real method to my organization; just whatever fits where. I have my Pantene Pro-V Aqua Light shampoo and conditioner that I'm currently testing out (find out how I got them for free here). I also have my Mario Badescru eye makeup remover. I don't use this all that often, but if I'm getting into the shower with a full face of makeup, I use this to take off all of my eye gunk. I also have my never-ending Satsuma shower gel from the Body Shop.


Shower caddy shelf #2 is home to the shorter products. I have my Neutrogena anti-residue shampoo. This shampoo is a clarifying shampoo so I use it about once a week just to give my hair a good clean. Bath and Body Works "Country Chic" body scrub - I use this before I know I'll be applying fake tan, or if I just want to give my whole body a good scrub. Behind that is my Neutrogena Acne Stress Control power-cream wash (read my full skincare routine here). And finally, in the green/brown tub in my Macadamia deep repair hair mask. I use this on my hair about once a week, sometimes I only use it once every 2 weeks. This is a deep conditioning treatment that I use to really hydrate the ends of my hair. I smells amazing and it always leaves my hair feeling really smooth and luxurious afterwards. I have really fine hair, so I don't use this too often or else it would weigh down my hair. 
Caddy shelf #3 is kind of just a mini shelf and two hooks. I have a comb, for combing my hair (duh!). My razor; and on the two hooks below I have a loofah and a shower cap. 
These two insanely massive bottles don't fit in any caddy shelf so I house them on the ledge of the bathtub. I got the Marc Anthony "Instantly Thick" shampoo from Costco. I'm always on the hunt for the best thickening/volumizing shampoo so I decided to give this a try. I don't not like; in fact I like it as a shampoo, but it's not exactly the most "thickening" shampoo ever. I still have about half a bottle left (after using it since September) so I still have a lot of use left of this product. The Joico K-Pak reconstruct conditioner I got from Winners for an amazing deal. I use this as my everyday conditioner. It too is meant to hydrate your hair and "reconstruct" the ends from damage. It's not as thick or heavy as the Macadamia hair mask so it's fine for me for everyday use. Also leaves my hair really smooth and silky after using it. 


So that's everything that's in my shower at the moment. Soon, I'll do a haircare routine post so that I can show you all of the products I use on my hair. 


xoxoDarlingBuds



3 comments:

  1. I like how you organize your products in the shower! I should invest in one of these caddies :) Seems like I always run out of room to put my products XD

    Karen @ http://beautyplaylist.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shower caddies are a great investment! I highly recommend getting one

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...