Sunday 26 February 2012

FOTD: Drugstore edition



I decided to do a FOTD using only drugstore products. All of these products can be found at a drugstore and they are all ranging in price from $3 to $15. Not too shabby. 


FACE:
Primer - Hard Candy Sheer Envy primer. Honestly, this isn't my favourite primer, but for the sake of this look, it was all I had. It has the same silicone-y feeling that you get with other primers such as Smashbox Photo Finish. It's that silicone-y aspect to the product that fills in lines an pores ad makes for a smooth application and feeling. I don't like this product that much because I find that it feel a little greasy and slick, not just silicone-y. It does a pretty good job as far as primers go: keeps my foundation in place all day and makes for a smooth makeup application over top of it. 
Foundation - Neutrogena Healthy Skin liquid makeup in 20 Nautral Ivory. I talked more in depth about this product in my first FOTD post which can be found here. I still absolutely love this foundation and it hasn't changed from my everyday routine to now because, coincidentally, it's still a drugstore product, yay!
Concealer - Revlon PhotoReady concealer in Fair. This is a really creamy concealer that is super easy to blend. It's not cakey looking so it's perfect for under the eyes. I find that I have to build the product a little bit more in order to get better coverage on certain darker spots and blemishes on my face, but otherwise, I really like this product. Even if I do have to build it up a bit more, it never looks to thick and unnatural. Good stuff!
Highlighter/Concealer - Rimmel Match Perfection concealer in the shade 3. I like this product even more than YSL Touch Eclat (which I also featured in my previous FOTD post). It's more of a concealer, yes this is true, but I find that it's highlighting capabilities are even more outstanding than YSL. And it's a bajillionX cheaper. This is a seriously worthwhile buy. I want to try out the lighter shades, but even for me shade 3 is pretty good.
Blush #1 - NYC Blushable Cream Stick in Plaza Pink. This is my only other drugstore cream blush other than the Maybelline Dream Bouncy blush which I used, once again, in my first FOTD post and also in my Valentine's Day makeup. Plaza Pink has a bit of shimmer in it, which y'all know I like, and it's basically a cream version of Nars' Deep Throat, which I also love. It's super easy to blend and the colour last a pretty good while. Obvi I top it with a powder blush on top (you know that's how I roll) so the staying power is pretty decent. And this product is like $3! What's not to love?
Powder - Maybelline Dream Matte powder in Medium. In no way am I "medium" for the majority of the year. This is my summer colour. I did have a lighter version of this powder, actually I had 2, but they both broke!!! I was so peeved. This is a really great setting powder, and it gets rid of shine instantly for touch-ups, without looking too caked on and powdery. The only really annoying thing about this product is that 2 out 3 that I've purchased have broken. That's a major bummer for a great product 
Blush #2 - Rimmel Powder Blush in 102 Santa Rose. This blush is so pretty! It's has a satin finish, and it's a really pretty yet subtle pink with a hint of coral to it. Considering that you can find it for $4 to $6, depending on what drugstore you go to, this blush is a steal! It's actually so pretty and since breaking out for this post, I solemnly swear to use it more
Bronzer - Rimmel Bronzing Powder in 021 Sun Light. For a really long time, this was my go-to bronzer. When I first started wearing bronzer, this was the first one I got. I've since branched out and tried different brands, but after preparing for this post, I've decided that this one is my ultimate drugstore favourite. It has really buildable colour, so you can either just give yourself a light dusting for a bronzy glow or apply it more heavily for contouring. There are a couple different shade you can buy of this product too, some are matte like Sun Light, and some have shimmer. The only con is that I hate the packaging, but the stuff inside is good. 
Highlighter - Maybelline eyeshadow in Champagne Fizz. Obviously this is not meant to be a highlighter, but I really love the effect it gives. Elle Fowler, otherwise known as AllThatGlitters21 on youtube, first spoke about using this particular eyeshadow as a face highlighter. I don't know how she got the idea but it's genius! 


EYES:
Primer - Maybelline Color Tattoo in Too Cool and Tough As Taupe. Unless you've been living under a rock, I'm sure you've heard of these new products to come out from Maybelline. Maybelline has been in a serious whirlwind of new products! These Color Tattoos are basically cream eyeshadows, but they are very comparable to MAC paint pots. They are great to use as a base because they don't crease and provide a good base colour for anything put overtop. 
Eyeshadow - Maybelline eyeshadow Quad in Natural Smokes. All of the quads from Maybelline's "stylish smokes" range are really good. The colours are very wearable and pigmented. I could honestly just bring this quad with me on vacation and be fine. Obviously I don't, but I could. Great stuff from Maybelline. 
Mascara - top: Covergirl Lashblast 24hr. This is basically one notch above waterproof mascara. You needn't worry about your mascara running or flaking with this bad boy. Lashblast isn't my favourite mascara; I don't like the wand, bristles and the watery formula, but I bought this because I was in a pinch and I needed a long-wearing mascara for a certain occasion I went to. This doesn't come off easy either; you'll probably wake up in the morning with racoon-eyes, but if long-wearing is what you wanted, than that's what you get with this mascara. 
        - bottom: Maybelline Lash Discovery (waterproof). This is a really great mascara to use to separate each individual lash. But it's especially awesome for lower lashes because the wand is so itty bitty! Multi-purpose mascara, another great buy from Maybelline. They're awesome!
Eyeliner - Prestige waterproof in Star. This is a shimmery, white eyeliner that I used on my lower waterline just to make it appear that my eyes were larger and more awake.
Eyebrows - Revlon Brow Fantasy in Dark Blonde. This is a really neat product. It's double-ended: on one end is an eyebrow pencil used to fill in your brows, and then on the other end is a tinted brow gel used to set your brows. Everything you need is in this little tube. 


LIPS:
Lipliner - Prestige in 206 Silk. Apparently this lipliner has a bit of a cult following. It's just the perfect pink-nude colour for any lip look. It's a super smooth liner, so it's easy to apply, and it lasts a really long time!
Lipstick - Rimmel Kate Moss collection lipstick in shade 03. This is a really beautiful fuchsia pink colour. It's a really great shade for spring and I can't wait to get more wear out of it. The new Kate Moss collection for Rimmel features about 6 shades of lipstick. It's a similar formula, if not the exact same formula, to Rimmel's Lasting Finish lipsticks. They're very pigmented and long-wearing. 
Gloss/Balm - Rosebud Salve. A staple in any cosmetic bag. This stuff is basically pink, rose-smelling vaseline. It's useful for a bunch of different things, but I really like it on my lips because it gives a hint of colour and a lot of shine 


SO That's the finished look! Here's a close up, and so you can see more details on my eyes...
DONE!


these types of posts are fun to do, but man do they take a while...until next time!


xoxoDarlingsBuds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...