Wednesday 8 February 2012

Nail Polish Collection: Part #3 Revlon

I only have a few Revlon nail polishes. I find that it's hit or miss with this brand and to be honest, I usually do a bit a research before I purchase a Revlon polish. 
From left to right: "430 Whimsical," "261 Sparkling," "Sheer Blossom," "151 Iced Mauve," "917 Plum Seduction," "920 Make Mine Mango," "932 Copper Penny," "Blackest Black"


I have mini reviews of 430 Whimsical and 261 Sparkling with more photos. The glittery Revlon polishes are definitely the most hit or miss out of their whole collection.


Sheer Blossom is a really pale, translucent pink with a bit of sparkle in it. I don't find myself drawn to this colour often because I tend to want a darker, more opaque colour usually. Iced Mauve is supposed to be a dupe for a Dior nail varnish but I don't remember which one. I do really like this colour. It's a dusty rose-mauve with a hint of silver shimmer running through it. I was drawn to Plum Seduction because of the bright fuschia colour. Like all of my Revlon nail polishes, it takes 2 to 3 coats to get a nice opaque colour, but it's still nice. Make Mine Mango is actually not a nice colour at all. I've had this nail polish for a long time - I don't remember when, where, or why I bought it, but I don't like it. It's too...orange. It just doesn't look good on my nails but I keep it around just in case. Copper Penny is a new shade to the Revlon range. I found that they're new solid colour have a much better formula than some of their older ones. Copper Penny is a supper shimmery, copper colour (no kidding!). It's a really nice and unique metallic polish that looks great on nails, especially in the fall. I find that this polish in particular also lasts longer than usual on my nails...or maybe it was just a special day, I don't know. Last of the bunch is Blackest Black. The name is very misleading considering that this polish is not Blackest black. There are hints of colourful shimmer going all throughout this nail polish: blue, purple and gold to be specific. It's really interesting. To be honest, I haven't worn it in a while, but looking at it now, I'm really tempted to feature this in a NOTD post soon. 




So that's it for all of my Revlon nail polishes. Revlon actually also just came out with a line of polishes to their ColorStay range that is supposed to be really great. But since I'm on a no-makeup-buying ban I won't know just how great they really are for a while :(


xoxoDarlingBuds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...